The JEDI Aboriginal Development Fund (JADF) is a tool that enables JEDI to promote economic development in the First Nation communities of New Brunswick. The JADF will provide funding to entrepreneurs/existing businesses and communities to support business and community economic development planning.
Please note that this project has limited funding and applications will be assessed on a first come, first serve basis.
Community Economic Development
The JADF will provide a maximum contribution of up to 50% of total planning costs not to exceed $5,000.
The JADF will provide assistance for:
- Business plans (start-up or expansion);
- Marketing plans;
- Management training;
- Mentoring programs and business support;
- Seminars and workshops on specific business topics;
- Entrepreneurship development.
Successful applicants can expect a maximum contribution of up to 50% of total planning costs not to exceed $2,500.
Note: No costs are to be incurred until JADF approval.
Eligible costs do not include:
- regular salaries and expenses;
- cost of management, administration, communications or evaluations of the proposed initiative;
- the cost of land, general use of vehicles and vessels, or inventory costs;
- costs incurred prior to date of receipt of the proposal by JEDI Inc.;
- conference attendance.
JEDI Inc. is looking forward to assisting entrepreneurs and communities through the JADF. For more information on the application process, please contact the Joint Economic Development Initiative at the coordinates listed below.
150 Cliffe Street
St. Mary's First Nation
506-444-5650 or 1-888-884-9870
Economic Development Officer